From the little things like asking people to think twice before printing an email to major things like supporting the planting of trees to help our eco-system, our ultimate mission is to help preserve our planet and replenish its resources.
As an eco-friendly organization, we make every attempt possible to ensure we are doing everything possible to do our part. We use recycled metals, wood and seed beads, repurposed leather from upholstery and garment factories and semi-precious gemstones in our designs. Our packaging and marketing materials are made with recycled paper. We use digital lookbooks and line sheets in an effort to save paper.
We are so excited to enter into partnership with One Tree Planted. One Tree Planted is a 501c3 organization that plants trees around the world. They are small in size, but huge in impact. With them, we can concentrate our efforts in a designated area to increase our impact. For every item sold, we will make a donation to plant a tree!! This gives everyone an opportunity to support the environment, while wearing fabulous, handmade jewelry and using the absolute best ingredients on their bodies. It’s a win-win for everyone, but most importantly, it’s a win for our environment.
Did you know?
- One tree can lift as much as 100 gallons of water out of the ground and discharge it into the air in one day. –Tree Canada Foundation
- Trees properly placed around buildings can reduce air-conditioning needs by 30% and can save 20-50% in energy used for heating. –S. Forest Service
- In one year, an acre of trees can absorb as much carbon as is produced by a car driven up to 8,700 miles. –International Society of Arboriculture
- Young children living in areas with more street trees have a lower prevalence of asthma. –Lovase, Journal of Epidemiology
- One tree can absorb more than a ton of carbon over its lifetime. –The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency